Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Join
Yesterday was hubby's b-day so I invited some close friends and family. I cooked some favorite foods but I will only share one menu tonight. The other menu will be shared next time. However there is one dessert menu below this post. It's a Strawberry Cheesecake. I know most people love Strawberry Cheesecake. Do you? Anyway one of the menu that I would like to share is Lasagna Roll-Ups. Lasagna is my favorite pasta.
I hope you will try this one day. I will guarantee you that it is yummy and delicious!

Here's the Menu:
Ingredients
12 lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cups shredded Mozzarela or cheddar cheese, divided
8 ounces Italian sausage, casings removed
You can also use ground beef
1 package ground beef
1 jar marinara sauce, divided
Preheat oven to 375 F. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Mix ricotta, parsley, egg and 1 cup Mozzarela in a bowl. Set aside.
Cook sausage or ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly. Drain fat.
Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a baking dish. Spread 3 tbsps. ricotta mixture on each noodle: top with some sausage/ground beef. Roll up each noodle and arrange seam sides down in baking dish.
Top roll-ups with remaining sauce and Mozzarela. Bake loosely covered, for 15 minutes. Remove cover; bake for 10 minutes longer or until brown and bubbly.

Mixing the ricotta cheese mixture!!!


I used 1 packaged of Ground beef.


These are the Pasta noodles. You can use any kind of brand!!


This is how I spread the ricotta mixture and beef!!


Roll-Ups are ready for the oven!


Here's the finished Lasagna ready to serve!
Enjoy and Happy Cooking

13 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

That looks marvelous! God bless.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Gosh! that looks real yummy!!! The strawberry cake below this post too! :) I'm sure your husband enjoyed his birthday!!

eastcoastlife said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Did he dressed up as Easter bunny or as an Easter egg? hehe....

Anonymous said...

that looks so yummy! :)
happy WS!

Anonymous said...

itlooks very very delicious!

Happy EAster!

Anonymous said...

Oy yummy!!! Love lasagna:) Pwede pahingi? lol Nice shots too!

Bengbeng said...

we can but just look at the pics..yr family is so lucky..they can eat it :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

thanks for taking a peek at my weekend snapshot...if not for that I wouldn't have discovered your website. I admire your cooking skills. Hope you don't mind my going over here every so often.

one of these days, i'm going to try my hand at making your version of lasagna =)

Barb said...

Oh, I dearly love Lasagne! What wine are you serving with it?

Anonymous said...

You can cook up a storm! I can only dream of whipping up lasagna. Ha ha. It looks so delish!

Ladynred said...

EASTCOASTLIFE ,unfortunately hubby didn't dressed up as a bunny nor an easter egg...hahaha! Thanks for the greetings.

HIPNCOOLMOMMA, sure you can visit me more often. Thanks

WILLTHINK4WINE, I served red wines SAINT-EMILION from France and TWO OCEANS from South Africa!!!
I'not an expert in wines but any red wines will do.

EVERYONE, Thanks for all the comments!

Lan said...

this is great style of cooking lasagna Gring,, I will try one of this day as well labon akong bana mahilig sa lasagna.

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

pwede ba i-roll ang lasagna kana iya unsa man na ngan uy,-...blaetter ngan german....kana sheet ba na.....

gahi man na...like lumpia or rice wrapper, huluman sa aron mahumok?

kalami ani uy....

akoa, ordinary ra, shifting ang lasagna n sauce n cream.....tapos last mao to greated cheese....

pero roll?....wala pa ko ani kasulay.....

thanks ha?