Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Butternut Squash


I took this photo one Saturday when we visited a farm. We all know that there different kinds of squash so today I'm sharing butternut squash. Butternut is one of the commonly available winter squashes. Winter squashes have hard skins, firmer flesh and larger seeds than summer squashes. Butternut is 8 to 12 inches long and tan in color. Two-thirds of it's body is cylindrical, then it broadens into a bulbous shape.
butternut

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting vegetable! Autumn has definitely arrived!

My WS are posted here and here. Have a great week ahead!

Indrani said...

I have never seen butternut squashes before. I am sure they taste good too.

Anonymous said...

never seen that kind of squash before. fascinating. My WS is up now.

Anonymous said...

hubby and I used to make fun with the shapes of the squash, some of it are really look funny. I didnt know that there were so many kinds of squash.

AiDiSan said...

it's my first time to see butternut squash and i didn't know there is such a thing. i'm certain this one is healthy like the ordinary squash we know.