Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring Wedding

Join Join

Last Saturday May the 17th we attended a Traditional Filipino Wedding Ceremonies held at Saint Joseph's Church. They are a Filipino -Canadian couple. I managed to snapped some photos at the Church and more photos in the reception. The Reception was held at Guelph Place Banquet Hall. The place was awesome and the food was great!

Check out the Menu
Assorted Hors'doeuvres
Cheese and crackers
Spring rolls
Egg rolls
Kieshe
Cucumber and dill
Breaded zucchini
Salad
Garden salad with three types of dressing
Pasta
Large ravioli with tomato sauce

Main Course
Breaded chicken breast stuff with asparagus and provolone
cheese topped with a creme sauce
Platter of Prime rib with mushroom gravy
Rice
Garlic mashed potatoes
Green beans

Dessert
Cannolli crepe ice cream served with fresh fruit and sauce
Coffee and tea


The Bride and the Parents


The Bride and Groom


Cheese and crackers
Spring rolls
Egg rolls
Kieshe
Cucumber and dill


Garden salad with three types of dressing


Large ravioli with tomato sauce


Breaded chicken breast stuff with asparagus and provolone
cheese topped with a creme sauce


Platter of Prime rib with mushroom gravy


Cannolli crepe ice cream served with fresh fruit and sauce


Wedding Cake

I hope you enjoyed the food as much as I did...lol.. I was so full.. It was a great wedding. It reminded me of my own wedding.

Please visit my other blog Digital Scrapbooking and Photography



12 comments:

DeLi said...

now i wnat to be married (kidding)
happy weekedn!

Indrani said...

At this rate I can never start my dieting. :) Tempting shots.

eastcoastlife said...

Oh my! The food looks so yummy. Congrats to the newly weds. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great spread of food. It all looks delicious.

♥ mommy author ♥ said...

wow! yummy!! :)

Sheena said...

Beautiful photographs, delicious foods. :)
[Thank you for leaving a comment on my post... she's a girl though ;p]

Have a wonderful week. :)

Ginny said...

What a pretty wedding!

tanabata said...

A beautiful couple. And after all those food shots, I'm suddenly feeling rather hungry! :P

Matthew S. Urdan said...

All, thanks for stopping by to read this rather long-winded post and to find out more about the "inner-me"!

Tasha, yeah, I wish servers everywhere could read the guests' minds. I think service for everyone would greatly improve and for those servers that just don't have a clue, they'd leave the restaurant business quickly, in tears, but with some serious lessons learned. As for my parents divorce, it's over 30 years ago. But you're not human if you're not affected by it. ABBA and music in general was my coping mechanism, but I'm not depressed when I listen to ABBA, the music transcends all that. But thanks for your comments, really. Most of the world is NUTS about ABBA, and Mamma Mia! is pure fun--a great night out on any occasion, especially a celebratory one like a 30th anniversary!

Ladynred, I saw Titanic 11 times in the theater. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, I guess.

Matt, I've never felt more humble in my life than standing next to the General Sherman Tree. Those trees are not only the largest things on the planet, but also among the oldest. Try contemplating having a conversation with someone who is 3000 years old. Consider what we've learned in our life times. It's nothing compared to what those Giant Sequoias have seen. If only they could talk. I have been to Saguaro National Park. Very impressive, definitely.

Our musical tastes are closer than you think. Escape is one of my favorite albums. I'm from Detroit, so guess how I feel about MOTOWN! I've always had a crush on Stevie Nicks, Olivia, the ABBA women, Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart, Rindy Ross from Quarterflash...I don't buy a lot of music anymore, but I have over 1300 CDs...everything from ABBA to Zamfir and ZZ Top with a lot of Classical, Country in between. The only music I really don't listen to is rap, hip hop, and heavy metal (always with some exceptions though).

Your movie-going habits seem a little contradictory--you want to see a movie badly, but don't have anyone to go with you, so you deprive yourself? Why? I don't think there's a stigma out there about going to a movie by oneself.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks fantastic! Thanks for stopping by :-).

Ritsumei said...

Looks like some delicious food, beautifully displayed! Thanks for the comment on my blog.

maryt/theteach said...

Delicious looking wedding meal! And a very pretty bride! Thanks for sharing your fun at the wedding! :D